ADSS Timestamp Authority ( TSA Server )
Ascertia ADSS TSA Server provides independent and irrefutable proof of time for business transactions, e-documents and digital signatures. It can be used to create legal weight evidence that business transactions have occurred at a defined moment in time, that e-documents existed at a particular time and that they have not been subsequently altered. It can also independently prove when a digital signature was applied by the signer so that its validity can be verified in the long-term, even after expiry or revocation of signer’s digital credentials.
ADSS TSA complies with the IETF RFC3161 specifications and can be used for internal TSA needs or it can be used to provide infrastructure-class commercial TSA services to multiple external parties. It offers a number of advantages for managed service providers in the authentication and logging/reporting token management features it offers. The underlying technology for ADSS TSA is the well-proven ADSS Infrastructure Server.
Why use Timestamping Authority ( TSA Server )
- ADSS Timestamp Authority is a highly effective yet flexible Time Stamp Authority server that can be deployed as a standalone ADSS TSA server or as a TSA module on a document signing server (i.e. for the purposes of creating long-term signatures only).
- ADSS Timestamp Authority is designed for to be highly effective for Enterprise or Managed Service Provider usage.
- Our timestamping authority software can enforce strong requestor authentication using SSL client certificates to ensure that only subscribing users or organisations access the service.
- ADSS Timestamp Authority retains timestamp tokens that are issued to support business needs to keep these for legislative or regulatory demands or simply as evidence to simplify dispute resolution processes.
- ADSS Timestamp Authority supports long signing key lengths – currently up to 4096-bits.
- ADSS Timestamp Authority supports strong hash algorithms currently SHA-1 and SHA-2 (SHA256, SHA384 or SHA-512).
- ADSS Timestamp Authority supports FIPS 140-2 and CC EAL4+ HSMs.
- Our timestamping authority software provides detailed transaction logs, with effective viewing, searching, reporting and archiving options.
- Our timestamping authority software offers a human-readable transaction viewer for all timestamp protocol requests and responses.
- Our timestamping authority software supports multiple TSA profiles within a single server, each with own TSA keys and certificates.
- Our timestamping authority software is easy to install, configure and manage using secure web-browser management screens.
- ADSS Timestamp Authority offers strong role-based access controls for administrators and features optional dual controls.
- ADSS Timestamp Authority acts as a management service for traditional TSA appliances thus leveraging existing investments or enabling connection to trusted time sources.
- ADSS Timestamp Authority provides system event & operator activity logging.
Ascertia previously used the name TrustFinder TSA Server for this product. This name is now changed to ADSS TSA Server to emphasise that this is just another module of our ADSS Server product.