ADSS Archive Server for Archiving documents
As part of complying with internal policies, external regulation or legislative requirements, certain business documents must be securely archived for a number of years into the future. Strong security measures are required to ensure that the data can be proven to be both original and unchanged from the time of creation or, at the very least, from the time it was archived.
The Ascertia ADSS Archive Server has been specifically designed to provide archiving services that follow the IETF LTANS specifications (currently at draft status). The product is aimed at those organisations and service providers.
ADSS Archive Server offers these capabilities for any document type including PDF, Office and other files such as legal, financial, personnel, safety and even engineering drawings or project plans. All files, zip files and other data can be archived - the business simply needs to decide which documents need to be archived and under which archive policy.
Why use ADSS Archive Server
- It protects documents through the entire archive period using secure timestamps (RFC 3161). The input data can be of any format and can be signed or encrypted.
- It supports multiple document archive profiles for different business requirements or document types.
- It offers flexible retention policies, including the option of auto-deleting archive documents at the end of their retention period.
- It automatically refreshes the timestamp evidence information based on a configured document archiving profile.
- Provenance data can be retained within the evidence record; existing signatures can have the verification information saved with the archived object.
- Notary signatures can be applied to the archived object as an option and evidence records can be exported for independent storage or review.
- Business applications are securely authenticated using SSL client certificates or signed web services.
- Multiple integration options are supported including a high-level client API in Java and .NET driving HTTP and web-service protocols as well as ADSS AFP based watched folder processing.
- It securely authenticates system operators and provides role-based access control and optional dual controls for higher levels of security.
- It securely logs all archiving documents request/response transactions in secure tamper-resistant logs. Also logs all operator actions and system events in secure and searchable logs.
- High availability and high scalability solutions can be built on various platforms using HSMs from various vendors, multiple internal or external TSAs and CAs.
Ascertia previously used the name TrustFinder LTANS Server for this product. This name is now changed to ADSS Archive Server to emphasise that this is just another module of our ADSS Server product.